Cheesy Chive Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. With pastry blender or two knives used scissor-fashion, cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- With fork, stir in buttermilk, Cheddar, and chives just until blended.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoons, 1 inch apart, on ungreased large baking or cookie sheet.
- Brush tops of biscuits with melted margarine or butter. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
- Makes approximately 24 biscuits.
These biscuits can be frozen for up to 1 month. To do that, cool biscuits completely on a wire rack, then wrap in foil and freeze. Bring to room temperature before reheating. Biscuits photographed on Homer Laughlin China's Trellis pattern.
Prep time: 20 minutes; Cooking time: 10 - 12 minutes; Total time: 30 minutes
Recipe editor Patricia Mitchell