Cantaloupe Fruit Salad
This is the ideal summer salad to accompany whatever you're grilling. It's healthful, cool and pretty. And don't think
that added sugar will improve the taste. The natural sugars in the fruit combine perfectly with the tartness of the
yogurt for a delicious, refreshing side dish.
- 2 medium cantaloupes, peeled, cut into chunks
- 1 pineapple, cored, peeled, cut into chunks
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup fresh shredded coconut (or packaged coconut, if you don't have the time)
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 large apple, cored, unpeeled, cut into chunks
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Stir together the yogurt and orange peel. Chill.
- Mix all fruits in a large salad bowl. At serving time, add the nuts and pour
chilled yogurt mixture over fruit, toss, and serve.
- Makes 4 servings.
Fruit Salad Notes
Be sure your cantaloupes are at their
peak. The nose knows best when you are shopping for cantaloupes. If you can't smell the sweetness,
you probably won't be able to taste it either. The serving dishes in our photograph are Fiesta dinnerware.
Prep time: 15 minutes; Cooking time: None; Total time: 1 hour
Recipe editor Patricia Mitchell