Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
These brownies are great for school lunch boxes, but who are we kidding? The kids will be lucky to get the crumbs.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch square pan or Pyrex dish.
- Stir together the flour, cocoa and salt, and set aside.
- With an electric mixer, cream the peanut butter and butter until light and fluffy. Add the sugar and brown sugar, and continue beating. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla, then gradually add the flour mixture and continue beating until well incorporated.
- Stir the peanuts and 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips into the batter. Pour batter into prepared pan, and bake for 30 to 35 minutes until firm. Remove from oven and sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips over the surface of the hot brownies.
- Wait a few minutes, and then spread the softened chocolate evenly. Cool completely before cutting.
- Makes 16 2-inch brownies.
Recipe editor Patricia Mitchell