Bacon and Onion Muffins
Great anytime, breakfast or dinner, brunch or lunch. Try these muffins with your favorite spread or Jalapeño Pepper Jelly for a special treat.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Fry bacon until crisp in skillet. Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Crumble into small bits.
- Sauté onion in 1 tablespoon of the bacon drippings until just tender (do not brown). Set aside to cool.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Combine the eggs, milk and sour cream in small bowl; blend well. Add all at once to dry ingredients, stirring just enough to moisten. Stir in bacon and onion.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin-pan cups, filling two-thirds full. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake in 375°F oven 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot with homemade jelly or jam.
- Makes 12 muffins.
Note: To toast the sesame seeds, sprinkle them evenly in a dry skillet. cook over medium heat for a minute or so, then begin to stir and turn them with a spatula until lightly browned.
Total time: 45 Min