- Preheat oven to 425°F, and lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl, beat together the egg, melted butter and milk. Add all at once to the flour mixture and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in the blueberries.
- Spoon into greased muffin cups or paper liners, and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 425°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center of muffin comes out clean.
Prep time: 9 minutes; Cooking time: 20 minutes; Total time: 29 minutes
The serving dishes in our photographs are Fiesta dinnerware. For this recipe, the blueberry muffins are on a tangerine Fiesta egg tray.
Recipe editor Patricia Mitchell