Black Forest Oatmeal Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer, beat the shortening, brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, milk and vanilla until creamy.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture until well blended. Stir in oats, mix well, and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375°F for 10 to 13 minutes or until light golden. Cool 10 minutes before removing to racks.
- Makes about 6 dozen cookies.
Recipe editor Patricia Mitchell