Beef Stroganoff is a world-class dish you'll enjoy making and enjoy serving even more. What's not to like about tender, flavorful beef strips bathed in a seductive, silky sauce and served over buttery noodles. This recipe comes together surprisingly fast, and is, oh, so delicious!
- Using a sharp knife, cut the beef sirloin into quarter-inch wide strips about 2 inches in length.
- Combine the rounded tablespoon of flour and ½ teaspoon salt. Dust meat with flour mixture.
- Over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet. When butter is melted, add the sirloin strips and brown quickly on both sides.
- Add one 4- or 5-ounce jar sliced mushrooms, drained, the chopped onion, and one clove garlic, minced.
- Cook three or four minutes or until onion is tender but not browned.
- Remove meat and mushrooms from pan. Add the remaining two tablespoons butter to the pan drippings. Blend in three tablespoons all-purpose flour, stirring quickly with a wooden spoon. Add one tablespoon tomato paste, and blend until smooth.
- Stir in 1 ¼ cups cold beef stock.
- Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Lower heat to medium.
- Return browned meat and mushrooms to skillet. Stir in one cup sour cream and two tablespoons dry white wine. Cook slowly until heated through. Do not boil.
- Serve over hot buttered noodles.
- Makes 4 to 5 servings.
Total time: 45 Min