Bran Buttermilk Muffins
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease muffin tin or use vegetable cooking spray.
- Add buttermilk to bran; stir a few times and let stand till liquid is absorbed.
- Beat the sugar, oil and egg until light and fluffy. Stir together the flour, baking powder, soda and salt.
- Blend flour mixture into egg mixture alternately with bran mixture. Stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake in a 400°F oven for 20 to 22 minutes.
Prep time: 8 minutes; Cooking time: 20 minutes; Total time: 28 minutes
Recipe editor Patricia Mitchell