Banana Pecan Cake
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x13-inch pan.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well and set aside.
- At medium speed of an electric mixer, cream together the softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the 1-1/2 cups mashed banana and vanilla, mixing well.
- At low speed, add the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Beat only until ingredients are blended; do not overbeat. Stir in the chopped pecans.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- For the frosting, beat together the butter, mashed banana and sifted confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread evenly on cooled cake.
- Makes one 9x13-inch cake.
This recipe is from Patricia Mitchell's article about banana desserts.
Total time: 1 Hr 5 Min