Baked Chicken Breasts with Saucy Vegetables
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Season the chicken breasts liberally with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Combine the olive oil with the garlic, onion, oregano, basil, tomatoes and red bell pepper.
- Put the chicken breasts in a single layer in a baking dish. Cover with the vegetable mixture. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil, and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until chicken breasts are cooked through.
- Remove the chicken breasts to a serving dish. Add the chopped black olives to the cooked vegetables in the pan and mix well.
- Pour vegetable mixture over the chicken.
- Serve alone or over cooked rice.
- Serves 6.
Recipe editor Patricia Mitchell