Apple Cake with Brown Sugar Icing
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan. (Do not mistake a 10-inch tube pan for a Bundt pan; this recipe will overflow a Bundt pan.)
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt. Stir well, and set aside.
- Combine oil, eggs, sugar and vanilla. Beat at medium speed for 3 minutes. Add dry ingredients at low speed. Batter will be thick. Add pecans and apples at low speed.
- Pour batter into prepared tube pan, and bake at 350°F for 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until cake tester comes out clean when inserted in center of cake. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then invert on serving plate and remove pan.
- Drizzle Brown Sugar Icing over warm cake.
- Makes one 10-inch cake.
Brown Sugar Icing:
- Combine butter, brown sugar and milk in a heavy saucepan.
- Over medium-high heat, bring mixture to a full boil. Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes.
- Let cool to lukewarm.
Note: As of this writing, Comstock has discontinued their "Pie-Sliced Apples". It was an excellent product and, hopefully, they will see fit to bring it back in the future.
Total time: 2 Hrs