Almond Caramel Buns
We're not snobs. There are some very good Bisquik recipes, and this is one of them. Easy and delicious!
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a muffin tin with vegetable cooking spray.
- Stir the water into the Bisquick until dough is formed. Knead until smooth, and roll out into a 10-inch square. (Tip: Rub vegetable oil on your hands to keep the dough from sticking to them.)
- Blend the brown sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon and butter. Spoon about 2 teaspoons of the sugar mixture into bottoms of 10 muffin tin cups. Spread remainder of the sugar mixture over dough; roll up jelly roll fashion. Slice roll into 10 equal pieces with a sharp knife.
- Distribute the almonds or pecans evenly among the muffin cups. Set a spiral of sliced dough into each cup, and bake at 400°F for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Invert from pan and serve.
- Makes 10 servings.
Prep time: 18 Min; Cooking time: 20 Min; Total time: 38 Min
Recipe editor Patricia Mitchell