Sangria Fonda San Miguel
This is not your typical sangria recipe, it's the special recipe from Fonda San Miguel in Austin.
- In a large jar, combine wine, brandy and liqueur. Add the pineapple, oranges, vanilla, hibiscus flowers and cinnamon stick.
- Refrigerate for 24 to 48 hours
- A few hours before serving, pour the steeped sangria through a strainer to remove the hibiscus. Discard the oranges and pineapple.
- Add the fresh strawberries, lemons and limes.
- Directly before serving, add the frozen mangos, which will serve as ice.
- Serve in glasses garnished with fresh fruit and mint sprigs with a big splash of Squirt.
- Makes about one gallon and it will go fast!
Note: Frozen packages of mangos and pineapple work just fine. If you cannot find Damiana, don't sweat it. I substituted Paula's Texas Orange with good results. (Any other orange liquor is ok.) You can purchase hibiscus in the bulk section of Whole Foods and Central Market. (It's usually by the bulk teas.)
Total time: 2 Days