- Peel, pit and mash avocados in medium bowl. Add the lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, and taco seasoning.
- To assemble, spread layers in the following order on a large, shallow
platter or dish:
- Bean dip mixture
- Avocado mixture
- Seasoned sour cream/mayonnaise mixture
- Chopped onions
- Chopped tomatoes
- Chopped olives
- May be made in advance and refrigerated.
If you do make this in advance, set it out about a half hour before serving so that some of the chill is taken off. This Seven Layer Dip assembles perfectly in a colorful Fiesta 9 inch by 13 inch baking dish. Readers may also enjoy John Raven's article on chips and dips and our own recipe for guacamole.
Total time: 45 Min
Recipe editor Patricia Mitchell