- Get Fresh Groceries Delivered When It's Most Convenient For You. Instacart Delivers In As Little As 2 Hours. Shop Now!
- Enjoy Great Savings from Free Catalogs
Clothing, Wine & Brew, Invitations,
Wedding, Hobbies & Crafts
We get requests year round for this week's recipe - peach upside-down cake. Grab your cast-iron skillet and you'll be ready to go!
You are reading our Recipe of the Week newsletter. In 2017 our main monthly newsletter will feature brand new recipes that we add to the TexasCooking.com website. If you do not already receive our monthly newsletter, subscribe here.
This recipe uses canned peaches, which means you can enjoy this memorable dessert even when fresh peaches are not in season. Served warm, with or without a dollop of sweetened whipped cream, it's delicious.
Note: There's also our recipe for Pecan Upside-Down Cake
The serving dishes in our photograph are Fiesta dinnerware.
Lone Star List
Important Texas stuff this week.
- Evolving Table: One-Pot Honey BBQ Chicken & Sweet Potatoes recipe, Imperial Sugar: Sweet Corn Soufflé recipe, A Sweet Pea Chef: Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins recipe, Let's Taco Bout It:Southern Banana Pudding recipe, A Pleasant Kitchen makes "smashed burgers", Austinot visits Red's Porch for dinner.
- September 10 - TV Dinner Day! Food Fads: TV Dinners and More
- GrapeFest Wine Tasting Festival, Sept. 14 - 17 - Grapevine, Texas "The largest wine tasting festival in the Southwest".
- Homesick Texan: Peach Cobbler recipe.
- Texas Highways: The flickering excitement of Texas' restored moviehouses
- Addie Broyles It’s time for a pork chop revival, with or without the Shake 'N Bake
- Texas Monthly BBQ: LeRoy & Lewis Barbecue - another terrific, inventive BBQ food truck in Austin!
New Cookbooks We're Reading
- Breakfast in Texas Recipes for Elegant Brunches, Down-Home Classics & Local Favorites
by Terry Thompson-Anderson
- QUESO!: Regional Recipes for the World's Favorite Chile-Cheese Dip
by Lisa Fain
- This new book is a MUST for wine lovers! The Periodic Table of Wine
by Sarah Rowlands
- September is National Biscuit Month & Better Breakfast Month --- see our full list of American Food Holidays.
- MySA: Paramour bar in San Antonio claims first-in-the-state champagne vending machine
- Houston Chronicle: H-E-B's lessons learned from Hurricane Harvey
- Houston Chronicle: Blue Bell announces newest flavor in development since 2015 - Pink Camo 'n Cream.
- NYT The Upshot: Is Houston Still a Model City?
- Bloomberg: Is it a trick or fraud when a menu cites "Market Price" as the cost of an item? .
- What to do this weekend? Visit a Farmer's Market! COMPLETE LIST OF FARMERS MARKETS IN TEXAS
Video of the Week: Record Guys in Abilene, Texas.
Request a Free Garden Catalog
Texas Cooking's monthly newsletter showcases new articles, reviews and recipes on the site. Follow our columns about cooking, Texas trivia and other Texas news as well in this informative email.
Sign up here.
Unsubscribe from the Recipe of the Week Newsletter